February 6, 2012

Papertrey 5th Anniversary Day 2 & Make It Monday #52

Day 2 of the Papertrey 5th Anniversary Celebration embraces the Designers behind the fabulous stamps that are created month after month.  Each of the 12 designers were featured to let us know what is their personal favourite PTI product and each of them have created a fabulous freebie image to inspire us for the Day 2 Anniversary Challenge.   As it is Monday, Erin Lincoln, has created Make It Monday Video #52: Double Sided Stamped Die Cuts. 

I selected the birthday image created by Dawn McVey as my inspiration and combined it with this weeks Make it Monday technique.  I printed the images created by the PTI Designers and then die cut Dawn's birthday image with the circle from Limitless Layers 1 3/4".  I die cut the Scallop Circle from Limitless Layers and then die cut the centre with the circle.  The die cut fir into the circle perfectly--but when I made my card I decided to add foam squares behind the birthday image to give it some pop.  I die cut Layerz Mat Stack #4 out of Damask Designs paper then the Sending You frame with Berry Sorbet.  I began with a white card base, adhered the Damask Design Mat Stack, then embossed the frame with Provocraft Dots and adhered to the Damask paper.  I following with the Scalloped Circle in Raspberry Fizz then my Birthday image.

That is when  I die cut and stamped my leaves and flowers, then followed the Make It Monday technique.    The flower was a bit too tiny to roll properly so I just lifted the edges a bit.





All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Raspberrry Fizz, Berry Sorbet
Stamps:  Sending You, Flower Fusion #3
Dies: Sending You, Flower Fusion #3, Layerz Mat Stack 4, Limitless Layers 1 3/4"
Ink: Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz
other: Birthday freebie (Dawn McVey), foam dots, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

Pin It

7 comments :

Cyndie said...

How clever of you to combine these two challenges! That folded leaf works perfectly with the central image. Love the colors and textures--well done!

Joyce said...

Beautiful card. How fun that you were able to also combine it with Make it Monday. I love all those pinks you used. So girly!

Jamie said...

Cute card. Great job!

Marybeth said...

Not sure how you came up with this but it is stunning! Love the bright pink! I found I liked these freebies more than I thought and will use them again. Beautiful work!

Kara said...

so pretty Tracey!! love the dies you used for this technique!

Lisa Elton said...

SUPER card and great way to combine both challenges Tracey. Love your sweet little turned leaf ;)

Ally said...

Beautiful. ;-) I love the pinks and berry colors together - and nice job on your double-sided leaf! My daughter has a birthday party to attend this Saturday, and I am thinking I need to use this image on a tag for her gift. Great card, Tracey! ;-)