June 21, 2012

RS #16

To say I was challenged with this weeks RetroSketch would be an understatement.  N@Ali was the Guest Designer this week with a sketch based on THIS card.  Both her original and her redo were so fabulous and creative.  I pulled out my Flower Fusion dies and stamps to create my 5" square card with a 4 1/4" mat.  I added dimension to the white panel with foam tape and popped some of the flowers with foam dots.





All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Flower Fusion series
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Winter Wisteria, Sweet Blush,
Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Blueberry Sky
Dies: Flower Fusion Series
Other: foam tape and foam dots



We have about a 3 weeks strawberry season in Ontario.  Although these days you can get strawberries all year from around the world there is nothing like fresh Ontario berries.  During this season I make as many strawberry cheesecakes as I can.  My husband said that this is what he married me for...really?  I thought I would share this yummy recipe that I am sure is low cal.  Enjoy you won't be disappointed.



CREAMY STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

2 cups graham crumbs
½ cup margarine; melted
1 pkg cream cheese
¾ cup icing sugar
½ orange juice
1 pkg dessert topping

Combine crumbs and margarine and press into a 9 x 13" pan.  Bake 350 for 8 minutes.  Cool.  Cream together the next three ingredients.  Prepare dessert topping and then fold into the cream cheese mixture.  Chill.  Top with fresh strawberries.

22 comments :

Lynn said...

Yummy the strawberries look fabulous! And wow...love your take on the sketch challenge. the flowers are beautiful. I have to admit it intimidated me!

Michelle said...

I love your take on the sketch, Tracey! Great placement of the flowers! The strawberry cake looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Joyce said...

I love your take on the sketch. How fun to use all the flower fusions. They are such a fun collection that I had to have, and I have not given them nearly the love they deserve. At least they are getting some love from North of the Border! Those strawberries look so yummy, too.

Lisa Elton said...

Great take on the sketch Tracey, love seeing all of the flower fusions mixed together! What time is dessert tomorrow!?! Got room for two more LOL ~ WOW do they look YUMMY ;)

Lisa Elton said...

You've been redoing your blog...looks good!!

Mara Campbell said...

I am loving all the flowers on your card!! And your strawberry dessert look yuuummmmyy!!!! I love strawberry season.

Jean said...

Great idea to use the flower fusion dies and stamps for this retro sketch ~ what a fun sketch. I love your new photo on your blog. Thanks for the cheesecake recipe. I have to bake for this Sunday, and I really wanted to try a new recipe. Your cheesecake looks delicious!

N@ Ali said...

Lovely card, that sentiment is awesome! Thank you for playing along at RetroSketches ; )

Cyndie said...

Oooo, cool card (and cool strawberry cheesecake--yum!). I really like what you have done with this sketch--made a fairly complicated sketch look great in your CAS style!

Melissa said...

Those strawberries look SO good!!! There's nothing like fresh strawberries...kind of like tomatoes in the summer (nothing like the home grown ones)! You did great with that sketch! Love the pretty cluster of flowers and the simple sentiment!

p.s. I sent you an email using the email you have listed here...hoping you received it?! :)

Marybeth said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love this one with the mix up of sets. Like the way you popped some up and some just stamped. You certainly figured out the sketch challenge. Lol at what your husband said. I cant wait to try this recipe. TFS

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card Tracey! Those strawberries look delicious! :) BTW, love the new look on your blog!

Marlena M. said...

Mmmmm, yummy dessert and gorgeous card Tracey!

Ardyth said...

I agree that this was the craziest sketch challenge I've ever seen (or participated in!) but you did a fabulous job! I love your card!

Ardyth said...

PS - I have two pints of Ontario strawberries in my fridge right now! We're practically neighbours - does it seem to you that this has been a better season than the last few?

Tracey McNeely said...

Ardyth is has been an amazing year for strawberries, last year was just awful.

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey, what a clever card! I love how you used most of all of the flower fusion flowers, just so perfect for this card. I love strawberries too, they are my favorite fruit...happy to say that our season here lasts a bit longer than yours does we have a large patch of them growing right out our front door and more surrounding our garden in the back. We eat them as fast as we pick them.

Karen M said...

Hi Tracey, you have done a fab job with this sketch! I looked at it and thought it was too much for me to handle but you have made it look easy. Love the variety of flowers, gorgeous! Kx

Michelle said...

Your card is awesome, Tracey, but what really caught my eye is that strawberry cheesecake! My mouth is watering! We have a long strawberry season in Queensland (it's the warm climate), I can't imagine only having three weeks of super sweet strawberries!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I'm running a little behind making my visits. Your card is super sweet! The flowers really pop!

Oh my those strawberries look so YUMMY!!! :)

Sabr said...

Wow and this one is fabulous too! All your cards really! You have fantastic style! :)

Ally said...

Oh, holy cow - look at that cheesecake!! Mmmmm. I love your card, too, but I am such a freaking cheesecake junkie, I can't help myself. :-P I love how you used the bunch of Flower Fusion blooms all together - reminds of why I love that series so much. Great job on your card, and thanks for the recipe! ;-)