August 1, 2016

The 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 27

IMG_0409

For Day 27 of Kathy Racoosin's 5th 30 Day Coloring Challenge!


My hubby brought home some Concord & 9th happy mail this past weekend. I was excited to finally get the Sweet & Cool stamps and dies and they were the first set I broke open. I started by creating a watercoloured sheet to die cut my images from. I divided my page into four quadrants and watercoloured pink/orange, yellow/green, blue/purple and ochre/gold and set it aside to dry. From the dried sheet I die cut my popsicles and sticks then I heat embossed the sentiment in white and adhered them to my card base. I finished it off with a few sequins and some pink paint splatters.

tracey_Day27



14 comments :

Happy Dance said...

This is fabulous, Tracey!! Your popsicles look like they do when it's terribly hot outside; your color mix has really made them come to life. What a great card!! Fabulous watercoloring! I love this one. Have a wonderful YKW-free week!! Bev

Annette Allen said...

totally awesome card.. i love that sentiment.

Diane Jaquay said...

Love your fun popsicles, Tracey!!

Cat Craig said...

They look cool enough to eat~

Marybeth said...

Cool stuff :) ! Love the fast card you made already!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous colours and I could totally do with one of those right about now. I'm melting!!

Karen B. said...

So cool and fun!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Tracey! Your Popsicles look yummy and your sentiment really pops! Love your splattered background, too!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card Tracey and I love the sentiment!

Sharron said...

What fabulous colors! Love your fun design!

Jinny Newlin said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! And so deliciously chill on these hot, hot, HOT summer days.

Gayatri said...

Such a fun and cool card, Tracey! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE the watercoloring on these pops!! They look SO YUMMY!!! Great job with the splatters too!!

~amy~ said...

Yum! Love this!