June 12, 2017

Muse #220

IMG_2526


It's Monday and time for another new challenge at Muse!



With only a week left until Father's Day I though I would make one more card, this one is for my husband. The general handy man for all things around the house! I have really enjoyed making masculine cards using the Altenew Best Dad stamps and dies. I started off my creating my background by smooshing some Fossilized Amber and a touch of Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink onto a craft mat. Then I spritzed water on to the mat and smooshed a piece of watercolour paper into the mixture. I dried it with a heat gun and then tapped the panel selectively back into the ink and dried it once again. I finished off by flicking some clean water onto the panel and absorbing it with a paper towel and then let it dry completely before adding my sentiment.

Next step was to stamp, die cut and colour all my images--a tool bow, a hammer, a tape measure and some keys on a caribeaner. The images were stamped with Copic friendly ink and then coloured with Copic markers. I cut a slit in the toolbox so that I could put the tool into the box, once I arranged then I put a piece of foam tape on the back of the box to hold everything in place and to give a bit of dimension.


tracey_Muse#220

I really hope to see you play along with us at Muse this week and maybe be inspired to create a masculine card!


8 comments :

~amy~ said...

Love this Tracey!

Linda said...

Great Father's Day card Tracey. Your background is perfect for your beautifully colored images.

Lynn said...

Ahhh...he is going to absolutely love this! Your coloring is awesome Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

This sounds like it's the perfect card your your hangman hubby!! It's cute Tracey and he'll love it. I know I do!!

Cat Craig said...

Great card Tracey, your hubby will love it.

Anita in France said...

Cool, fun and wonderfully masculine, Tracey ... love how you've added the supplementary sentiments to the tools and box! Hugs, Anita :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

I loved this card as soon as I saw it at Muse - I am useless at backgrounds so yours really popped out at me.
My attempts were pathetic (and binned), but now I've read how you made yours, I might be willing to give it another go. :-)
Thanks for the inspiration.
xxx

Lucille K said...

Such a spot on Dad's day card, Tracey. Love the colors you used here :)